Friday, March 13, 2009

Poor Guy!

Bryn, Nick, and I recently went in for our yearly check-ups.  I guess here in Arizona all 2 year olds are suppose to have blood drawn and tested for lead levels.  I'd never heard of this before, but that's okay it sounds like a good idea.  So today, Dave and I took Nick in to have the blood drawn.  Dave held him on his lap and wrapped one arm around his shoulder to secure him.  I held his free arm down and a tech (not really sure what they're called, so that's what I'm going to call them) held the arm down that was about to get poked.  Then a second tech started the whole process of drawing the blood.  Nick, of course, was not happy to begin with because we were all holding him down and then became more upset once he was poked with the needle.  None of us thought to restrain his feet, but I'm sure those techs will think of it the next time a 2 year old comes in to have blood drawn, because Nick kicked tech #2 in his tender spot after he poked Nick with the needle.  At that point, I held his feet down so he wouldn't do it again.  The poor tech had a really hard time concentrating after that.  But he stuck in there and got the job done.  I half expected him to collapse after he was done.....maybe he did when we left the room.  I told him he needed the rest of the day off.  Poor guy!  We're thinking of sending him a box of See's Candies Nuts & Chews.

5 comments:

Crawford's Corner's said...

Way to go Nick...I am sure the tech will think twice next time. The candy idea is great!

Jessica said...

ha ha ha ha. I'm laughing so hard. What a reflex.

Our Little Corner said...

I'm trying to think if I've done anything to you to deserve See's. (I get it by the way) NUTS and chews. (HAHAHAHAHA!)
Anyway, that'll be a fun story to tell when he's 16, won't it? I think the tech (they're call phlebotamists, BTW) might just want to bring a cup to work from now on.

Shenna said...

Ha ha. That is awesome.

Cheryl said...

O.K. I feel bad for the guy but that is SO FUNNY! You've got yourself a tough little guy!