Yes, I'm calling them Pesty Rolls.....only because they came from "The Pest" aka, Ann Chandler. After my post about the rolls, a friend asked about the recipe. So, here you go. They are easy to make and taste yummy!
1. Soften 2 Tablespoons dry yeast in 1/2 cup warm water to which you have also added 1 Tablespoon of sugar. Let proof.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt 2 sticks butter (I use real butter) in 2 cups of milk. Cool to lukewarm.
3. In a large bowl, place:
6 eggs, beaten well
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons salt
4. Add the lukewarm milk mixture.
5. Add 1 cup of flour; beat well.
6. Add softened yeast mixture.
7. Add more flour (approximately 7 more cups) to make the dough workable, but not stiff.
8. Place ball of dough in a greased bowl. Let rise. (Julie's secret: I turn my oven on to 350 for just a min or two and then turn it off. I then put my hand in there to see if it's really hot or just nice and warm. When it's just nice and warm, I put the bowl (an oven safe bowl:-) of dough in the oven and close the door. Things raise faster this way!)
9. When double in size, divide into 4 equal-sized balls and roll into large circles. Cut each circle into 16 triangles (I used a pizza cutter); roll up.
10. Place on greased cookie sheet. Let rise until doubled.
11. Bake in pre-heated 375 degree oven approximately 12 minutes. You may need to adjust time or temperature if your oven differs.