Monday, December 1, 2008

Movie Review: Twilight




















This weekend, I saw Twilight.  I went with some friends who wanted to see it.  I didn't really have any desire to see it since I haven't read the books, although my nieces told me I should.  They love the books.  Before seeing it, I went online to view the trailer.  I was very excited to see the Columbia River Gorge and other beautiful scenes from the Pacific Northwest.  I knew that the book was about teenagers and vampires, so after seeing the preview I had a better idea of what the movie was about and it looked interesting to me.  So off I went to see this movie that people were going CRAZY over and I have to admit I loved it!  It was a little slow at the beginning, but the second half was great.  I even think Dave might like it.

The friends I saw it with said it wasn't as good as the book.  So I've decided to never read a book again until I see the movie first, that way I'll never be disappointed again :-)  I've also decided that I want to read these books, so I've added them to my Christmas list.

6 comments:

Our Little Corner said...

I'm surrounded by Twilight fans and I'm glad you liked this movie. Everyone I know who is obsessive about the books hated it. So your theory to watch first, read later could be a good one. :)
I myself have never read them. Being that I am a little strange, I have a list of things to read if I'm ever on bedrest again. Reading this series is one of those things. I'm not sure I could handle it otherwise. We shall see.

Jessica said...

Looks like a good movie. I haven't read the books and you covinced me to go see it : )

bettijo @ PagingSupermom.com said...

I love it too... I've read the books and LOVED them (you really should read them!) And the first time I was somewhat disappointed but the second time it was WAY better and I went back a third time the next night. Luckily I was in Utah and Wyoming so movie tickets were cheap! --b

Julie said...

Who the heck are you, bbh?

Grannie said...

Hey Pest. I saw Twilight with Rachel before she moved to Montana. I also read the books and think that the book was better than the movie!! that's my opinion!

Tanya said...

Yes the books are better than the movie but I still loved the movie. Yeah -- you are on the Twilight bandwagon.